Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Weather

The current forecast looks like Saturday could be the warmest Elk Toss ever, but it also could be the wettest due to the forecast for rain and possibly thunderstorms. It might be time to finally order that lederhosen-style swimsuit.


2 comments:

I Googled "lederhosen offensive" and cut and pasted this. But I still want credit. My name is Van Wagner. said...

I am American. I have lived in Germany for over 19 years. Not with the US Military. I work for a German firm in Hessen. I have a traditional Bavarian 'Tracht' Lederhosen outfit complete with blue&white checkered shirt, shoes, soxes, etc. I wear this outfit to the Oktober Fest every year. Recently I was at a work party in a local German restaurant when a guest(A younger German guy from Hamburg of all places) at another table noticed that I am not German and proceeded to make negative comments. He said that only Bavarian Germans should dress that way, I was making fun of Germany, and that as a non-German I certainly had no right to wear lederhosen. My work colleagues have no problem with my lederhosen and it almost turned into a fight, but the restuarant owner knows me(Stammgast) so he told Mr. Hamburg to shut up or leave. Kind of ruined the night for me. Anyway I was just wondering what Germans think of this?

Fashion Police said...

The swimsuit shown in that photo has legs but no torso. What happened to his body?